At the Law Offices of Dan Chern, we specialize in helping our clients navigate the complex and often contentious world of contract disputes. With a proven track record in Dallas, we are a trusted legal partner for individuals and businesses when they encounter contract issues. Our dedicated team of legal experts is well-versed in contract law, and we are committed to providing strategic solutions to resolve contract disputes efficiently and effectively.
Call Law Offices of Dan Chern today at (972) 200-3078 or contact us online to schedule a meeting with our contract disputes attorney in Dallas!
Common Contract Disputes
Contract disputes can arise in various forms, impacting individuals and businesses across different industries. Our team at the Law Offices of Dan Chern has extensive experience handling various contract disputes, including but not limited to:
- Breach of Contract: One of the most common types of contract disputes, a breach of contract occurs when one party fails to fulfill their obligations as outlined in the agreement. This can encompass non-payment, incomplete work, or failure to deliver goods or services as agreed upon.
- Misinterpretation of Contract Terms: Sometimes, disputes arise due to differing interpretations of contract terms or conditions. Our attorneys can help you clarify and enforce the intended meaning of the contract to avoid further conflicts.
- Non-Compete Agreements: Disputes often arise when an employee leaves a company and attempts to work for a competitor, raising concerns about violating non-compete agreements. We can assist in both enforcing and challenging the validity of such agreements.
- Partnership and Shareholder Disputes: Business relationships can become strained when there is a disagreement about the terms and responsibilities outlined in a partnership or shareholder agreement. Our expertise in corporate law can help you navigate these complex disputes.
- Construction Contracts: Construction disputes often center around issues like project delays, cost overruns, or disagreements about the quality of work. We have a proven record of representing contractors and property owners in these disputes.
- Real Estate Contracts: Buying or selling property can lead to disputes over issues like undisclosed defects, failure to close the deal, or breach of purchase agreements. Our firm has a deep understanding of real estate contract law.
- Employment Contracts: Disputes may arise when employees believe that their rights and terms of employment are not being met or when employers face challenges related to wrongful termination claims.
Our experienced team of Dallas contract dispute lawyers is well-prepared to address the unique aspects of these common contract disputes, providing tailored legal solutions that align with your specific needs.
What is the Statute of Limitations for a Contract Dispute in Texas?
In Texas, the statute of limitations for a contract dispute generally depends on the type of contract and can vary. Here are some key points to consider:
- Oral Contracts: Typically, oral contracts have a four-year statute of limitations, starting when the cause of action accrues.
- Written Contracts: Written contracts, including written agreements and contracts, often follow a four-year statute of limitations calculated from the date the breach occurs.
- Promissory Notes and Contracts for Deed: Certain contracts, such as promissory notes and contracts for deeds, also typically have a four-year statute of limitations.
- Real Estate Contracts: Contracts related to the sale or lease of real property in Texas typically have a four-year statute of limitations.
- Construction Contracts: Construction-related disputes, including those for residential construction, are often subject to a four-year statute of limitations.
It's important to note that there can be exceptions and nuances in specific cases, so it's essential to consult with an experienced contract dispute attorney in Dallas as soon as you believe a breach of contract has occurred. Failing to act promptly can compromise your legal rights due to the statute of limitations.
"Our firm is proud to be led by Attorney Dan Chern, who is a passionate legal advocate for individuals, families, and corporations. As a litigation attorney, he handles a wide range of business-related cases, including matters related to real estate, elder law, employment law, and estate planning. He is dedicated to delivering the highest quality of representation possible in order to secure favorable results for the men and women he represents."Read Full Bio
Client Reviews & Testimonials
"Dan offered immediate assistance with my prior legal needs."Siobhan R
I appreciate this man so much.Former Client
Dan Chern autograph his work with excellence.Michelle
Depending on your situation, remedies to contract breaches can include:
- Compensatory damages to compensate the non-breaching party for losses
- Nominal damages to award the non-breaching party
- Specific performance that orders the breaching party to fulfill a specific duty
- Cancellation of the contract to absolve both parties of any obligations
We understand that your finances, business operations, and personal well-being could be at stake in a contract dispute. We work quickly and discreetly to resolve the issues as soon as possible to save you time and money. We hold ourselves to the highest standards of professionalism and will treat your case with thorough attention to detail every step of the way.
Contact Our Dallas Contact Disputes Attorney Today
Navigating contract disputes in Dallas can be challenging and complex, but you don't have to face it alone. The Law Offices of Dan Chern is here to provide you with the guidance, expertise, and support you need to protect your rights and interests.
Contact Law Offices of Dan Chern, P.C. today to schedule a meeting with our contract disputes lawyer in Dallas!
Veteran Owned & Operated
Preparing Every Case for Trial
Former Municipal Judge
25+ Years Of Experience